What is Eseeky.com?
Eseeky.com is a suspicious search engine which oddly resembles Google Search. The developers of the search tool have created this illusion to trick you into thinking that you are using a reliable application even if it has hijacked your browsers. Even though the search engine is not highly dangerous, some security experts claim that it could take over your regular home page and default search provider. If this has happened to your Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome browsers, you definitely should refrain from using the search engine. According to Anti-Spyware-101.com spyware researchers, such suspicious, questionable sites as the one in discussion should be treated with caution. If you are not careful, there is a possibility that you will endanger your virtual security. If you wish to prevent this continue reading the report to learn about Eseeky.com removal.
Do you need to remove Eseeky.com?
Not many computer users know about Eseeky.com, and so this search engine is not popular. This is why the developers behind the application may utilize various questionable tricks to promote it. For example, you may be offered to change your home page/search provider during the installation of certain software (usually freeware). This is a legal way to promote services, and in this case the search tool is not considered a malicious browser hijacker. Nonetheless, if your browser settings have been modified illegally or if you have been redirected to Eseeky.com without consent, there is no doubt that you are dealing with a potentially dangerous infection.
How to remove Eseeky.com?
The removal of browser hijackers is extremely difficult and you should employ automatic spyware detection and removal software for this task. Nonetheless, if you are 100% sure that your PC is not infected with malicious programs and the home page/search engine modifications have been performed with your personal consent, you can utilize the manual removal instructions presented below.
Delete undesirable search tools
Delete from Google Chrome:
- Open the browser, simultaneously tap Alt+T and select Settings.
- Move to On Startup, mark Open a specific page or set of pages and then click Set pages.
- Overwrite/remove the URL of the undesirable default page and click OK.
- Move to Appearance, mark Show Home button and click Change.
- Repeat step 3 in order to modify the Home button page.
- Move to Search, select a new search provider from the drop down menu and click Manage search engines.
- Click X located on the URL of the unwanted search engine and then click OK.
Delete from Mozilla Firefox:
- Open the browser, simultaneously tap Alt+T and select Options.
- Click the General tab, change/remove the Home Page and click OK.
- Move to the search box on the right and click the search provider icon.
- Select Manage Search Engines and click the undesirable search provider.
- Select Remove and click OK.
Delete from Internet Explorer:
- Open the browser and simultaneously tap Alt+T.
- Select Internet Options and click the General tab.
- Overwrite/remove the Home Page and click OK.
- Tap Alt+T once more and click Manage Add-ons.
- Select Search Providers and click the undesirable one.
- Click Remove and then Close.
The instructions can help you change undesirable browser settings; however, if you personal computer has been infected with malicious adware, it is not enough to perform these manual removal steps. It is likely that soon enough the infection will regenerate and the browsers will become corrupted again. Therefore, we recommend that you click the represented download button and install a reliable automatic spyware remover as soon as possible.100% FREE spyware scan and
tested removal of Eseeky.com*