What is Entrusted Toolbar?
Entrusted Toolbar is a browser add-on that may look useful at first, but security experts seriously recommend removing it from your PC. It is not a computer virus, and yet it could be directly and indirectly related to a number of computer security risks, that an average computer user should not experience. If you have this add-on installed on your browser, you should scroll down the instructions under this article and remove Entrusted Toolbar from your system immediately. Do take your system security seriously and recognize potentially dangerous applications immediately when you encounter them on the Internet.
Where does Entrusted Toolbar come from?
Perhaps we are lucky, because we know exactly where Entrusted Toolbar comes from and what to expect from it. This browser extension is developed by Conduit Ltd. and it comes from an extensive family of toolbars, often called “Community Toolbar”. If you go to its official website at Entrusted.ourtoolbar.com, you will see that the extension is called Entrusted Community Toolbar. The same name is used for all the other Conduit toolbars when you download them from the official source – Virtualdj Toolbar, IsoBuster, Z-game Toolbar and so on. Apart from the official website, the toolbar could also be downloaded from a third party website, bundled with freeware applications. In such a case, be attentive during the setup, because you may install the full setup for Entrusted Toolbar, changing your home page and default search engine settings.
What does Entrusted Toolbar do?
Unlike what some users may think, Entrusted Toolbar does not change your browser settings one-sidedly. Whether you install it via the original webpage or a third party website, you agree to the setup during the installation. Also, Entrusted Toolbar can also install TuneUp Utilities 2013 computer optimization program, but you can easily opt out of it, so be attentive during the installation! What is more, if your home page gets changed to search.conduit.com, you will be displayed various commercial pop-up advertisements, as the toolbar will try to generate financial profit via pay-per-click advertising.
How to remove Entrusted Toolbar?
In general Entrusted Toolbar is more annoying than dangerous, but it could be used as a malware distributing tool by scheming cyber criminals. Therefore, in order to avoid this exploitation, you are strongly advised to follow the instructions below and remove Entrusted Toolbar from your computer once and for all.
Manual Entrusted Toolbar Removal Instructions
- Move mouse cursor to the bottom right of the screen.
- Select Settings on Charms bar and click Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and remove Entrusted Toolbar.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program and remove Entrusted Toolbar.
- Open Start Menu and go to Control Panel.
- Select Add or remove programs and uninstall Entrusted Toolbar.
Remove Entrusted Toolbar from your browser
- Press Alt+X and select Internet options.
- Change your home page address under General tab, and press OK.
- Press Alt+X again and go to Manage add-ons.
- Select Search Providers on the left.
- Set a new default search engine and remove Entrusted Customized Web Search.
- Press Firefox button and click Options.
- Change your home page address under General tab. Click OK.
- Click the search engine icon the left of the Firefox search box (top right corner).
- Select Manage search engines.
- Remove Entrusted Customized Web Search and press OK.
- Press Alt+F and go to Settings.
- Select Open a specific page or set of pages under On Startup.
- Click Set pages and change your home page address. Press OK.
- Press Manage search engines under Search.
- Set a new default search engine; remove Entrusted Customized Web Search and press Done.
There may also be other potentially unwanted programs installed on your PC, that came together with Entrusted Toolbar. Scan your PC with SpyHunter free scanner to detect any of these programs, and then acquire a legitimate computer security tool if need be. Do all it takes to protect your system from dangerous intruders.
tested removal of Entrusted Toolbar*100% FREE spyware scan and