What is Search.searchlivesp.com?
Search.searchlivesp.com is meant to provide you with access to all kinds of sports events, but it only displays links to espn.com, nfl.com, nbcsports.com/live, and collegesportslive.com websites. Though these links are legitimate, do you consider the hijacker to be reliable just because the links it displays are legitimate? Of course, that is an important detail, but you should also consider the level of utility. Anti-Spyware-101.com researchers suggest adding shortcuts representing these websites to your bookmarks bar. That way, you will be able to access them without a suspicious mediator. Of course, it is much easier to install something than it is to remove it. If you are inexperienced, you might feel lost, but we can help you delete Search.searchlivesp.com from any web browser. The instructions we have created (you can find them below), were developed to assist the users of Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer browsers. If you are trying to eliminate the hijacker from a different browser, let us know by posting a comment below, and we will provide you with the instructions you need.
How does Search.searchlivesp.com work?
Where does Search.searchlivesp.com come from? This hijacker should come packaged with the add-on called “Live Sports Player.” Both of these pieces of software were created by Polarity Technologies Ltd, the same company that stands behind Search.searchfindactivec.com, Search.searchliveson.com, and many other threats alike. Though the extension can be downloaded from livesportsplayer.com or chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/live-sports-player/jegoaoikbfnfnebdhjamelcohiekhndh (at Chrome web store), it is most likely to be presented to you as you execute a software bundle. Though authentic and harmless software bundles exist, many of them are created by malware distributors who need a way to spread as many threats at the same time as possible. Since there is a possibility that malicious infections have invaded your operating system, scanning your PC with a legitimate malware scanner is a smart move. Even if malware does not exist, your mind will be put at ease, and you will be able to focus on the suspicious hijacker and the extension that introduces you to it.
How to delete Search.searchlivesp.com
Before you do anything regarding the removal of Search.searchlivesp.com, scan your PC to check if you need to pay attention to other infections. If multiple threats are uncovered, utilize an anti-malware tool to have them eliminated automatically. Also, keep it installed if you want to have your operating system protected against malware in the future. If you are leaning towards manual removal, use the guide below. It shows how to delete Live Sports Player, which should eliminate the hijacker itself. If your homepage remains corrupted after that, use the steps showing how to overwrite the undesirable URL. One more tip we have if you choose to stick with manual removal is to perform a full system scan afterward because you do not want to ignore any leftovers, especially if you are eliminating multiple threats.
- Open the browser and tap keys Ctrl+Shift+A.
- In the Add-ons Manager navigate to Extensions.
- Remove the unwanted add-on.
- Restart the browser and tap Alt+T.
- Select Options and then move to General.
- Overwrite the URL under Home Page.
- Open the browser and tap keys Alt+F.
- Move to More tools and then click Extensions.
- Click the recycle bin and select Remove.
- Restart the browser and tap Alt+F again.
- Select Settings and then move to On Startup.
- Mark Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Click Set pages and overwrite the URL. Click OK.
- Uninstall the undesirable app (see guides below).
- Launch the browser and tap keys Alt+T.
- Select Internet options and click the General tab.
- Overwrite the URL under Home Page and click OK.
How to uninstall applications
- Click Start on the Taskbar and open Control Panel.
- Navigate to Add or Remove Programs.
- Select the undesirable program and then click Remove.
Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 10:
- Simultaneously tap Win+R keys to launch RUN.
- Enter control panel to open the menu and then go to Uninstall a program.
- Right-click the undesirable application and then select Uninstall.
tested removal of Search.searchlivesp.com*100% FREE spyware scan and