What is Search.searchetg.com?
What do you expect from Search.searchetg.com? Do you expect this search tool to provide you with beneficial search results? Do you expect it to provide you with exclusive services? We can tell you right away that this search tool is not better than any regular search provider. In fact, we would never recommend you installing it because it is considered unpredictable and potentially dangerous. Are you shocked to learn that this browser hijacker is potentially malicious? If you have found this article, you must already have a suspicion that something is not right. Are you researching the removal of this search tool only because you are not impressed with the services provided? Whatever the case is, you should read this report because you might discover some interesting details. If you are completely uninterested, you will find how to delete Search.searchetg.com in the last section of this report.
How does Search.searchetg.com work?
Search.searchetg.com is identical to Search.mygamesxp.com, Search.mycouponsxp.com, and other search tools that we classify as browser hijackers. These hijackers are installed via extensions that are created by SaferBrowser. Although the files of the suspicious Easy Transit Guide extension are signed by Sail Machine, it belongs to the SaferBrowser group as well. This extension can be acquired from the Chrome web store or the official website, easytransitguide.com. The installation of this extension is different for every browser. While Chrome users will be warned that the extension can modify their data, Firefox users will be informed that they need to accept homepage and default search provider modifications if they want to acquire the extension. The worst part is that there is no option to reject the hijacker. How can there be such option when the extension was created only to introduce users to Search.searchetg.com. Yes, this extension does not offer any other service. If you wanted to modify your search tools, you could do so without additional software. Because the hijacker has a bad reputation and because it does not offer anything useful, it is clear why its developers use such a strange, aggressive distribution method.
On the homepage of Search.searchetg.com, you can find links routing to get.uber.com, kayak.com, and expedia.com/Cars websites. These links fit the theme of the extension, which promises to help users navigate using maps and transport schedules. The search feature does not fit the theme at all. In fact, the hijacker does not exactly work as a search provider at all. It redirects to Yahoo Search, and this engine can be modified. Sponsored links could be included unnoticeably, and you might help the creator of the hijacker earn a profit without even knowing it. The sponsored links that this hijacker might include could be misleading and unreliable, which is why we believe that it is not safe to use the search tool at all. What we recommend is removing Search.searchetg.com and setting a trustworthy search provider in its place. If you do not know how to do that, follow the instructions below.
How to delete Search.searchetg.com
- Launch the browser and tap Alt+F.
- In the menu on the right click More tools and then Extensions
- Find the unwanted extension and click the recycling bin next to it.
- Choose Remove and then restart the browser.
- Launch the browser and tap Ctrl+Shift+A.
- In the Add-ons Manager menu move to Extensions.
- Identify the undesirable extension and click the Remove button.
- Restart the browser.
Windows XP (Internet Explorer):
- Move to the Taskbar, click Start, and open Control Panel.
- Double-click the Add or Remove Programs icon.
- Find the unwanted app, select it, and click Remove.
Windows Vista/Windows 7 (Internet Explorer):
- Move to the Taskbar, click the Windows logo, and open Control Panel.
- Navigate to the Uninstall a program menu.
- Identify the unwanted app, right-click it, and select Uninstall.
Windows 8/Windows 10 (Internet Explorer):
- Launch RUN by tapping Win+R keys and enter Control Panel.
- Move to the Uninstall a program menu.
- Find the unwanted app, right-click it, and select Uninstall.
tested removal of Search.searchetg.com*100% FREE spyware scan and