What is High Unite?
High Unite is yet another suspicious adware application claiming to be a useful tool. However, it is very unlikely you would consider tons of daily pop-ups a helpful activity. On the contrary, most of the users get irritated by constant ads that obstruct the content on the websites. These pop-ups not only disrupt users’ browsing, but they might lead to suspicious websites too. High Unite displays ads from a third party, which promotes their websites and for that they gather advertising revenue. Keep it in mind that third party content is known to be potentially harmful and while using this application you might damage your computer. Therefore, deleting the adware would be wise and to make it easier, you will find accurate instructions at the end of the article.
How does High Unite work?
High Unite operates mostly in the same manner as these adware programs: Dragon Branch, Record Page, On Stage. It can enter your system while installing other freeware and shareware applications. In many cases, users simply do not notice that they are accepting additional programs as well. Though, later it is hard to miss it when you see much more ads than you usually do.
Such pop-ups can disturb your browsing because some of them may forcefully redirect you to third party websites. The main problem seems to be the possible harmful content of these sites as your computer could catch Trojans, viruses or any other malware there. As for the High Unite creators, they do not take any responsibility for any harm you might receive while clicking on their displayed ads. So you take all the risks and get nothing in return while adware’s originators earn money from it.
How to erase High Unite?
Even though, erasing this adware is possible via Control Panel, there are still a few files that you should find and delete manually. Since the application creates browser extensions on Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer, it is essential to get rid of those too. Fortunately, you can use our recommended steps to guide you through removal. What’s more, if you feel that while using High Unite your computer could have been infected with malware, you should scan your computer and delete these threats at once.
Remove High Unite via Control Panel
Windows 10 and Windows 8
- Launch the RUN dialog box (Windows Key+R).
- Type Control Panel and select OK.
- Click on Uninstall a program.
- Locate the adware and press Uninstall.
Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Go to Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Press Uninstall a program.
- Choose the program and click Uninstall.
- Click on Start and select Control Panel.
- Choose Add or Remove Programs.
- Find the application and select Uninstall.
Erase High Unite from browsers
- Press ALT+X.
- Click on Manage add-ons and choose Toolbars and extensions.
- Find the adware and erase it.
- Press CTRL+SHIFT+A.
- Choose Extensions.
- Select the program and press Remove.
Delete the remaining junk files
- Open the Explorer.
- Copy and insert given directories one by one: %Program Files%\High Unite;
- Delete High Unite folders from them and close the Explorer.
- Press Windows Key+R.
- Type regedit and press OK.
- Find and remove HighUnite, Service Mgr HighUnite, Update Mgr HighUnite keys from these given paths:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\Service Mgr HighUnite
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Update Mgr HighUnite
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\Update Mgr HighUnite
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Service Mgr HighUnite
tested removal of High Unite*100% FREE spyware scan and