What is Asiasearch.co?
There are many reliable search tools, but there are even more unreliable ones, and Asiasearch.co belongs to the latter group. Anti-Spyware-101.com malware researchers identify this search provider as a browser hijacker because it was found to corrupt web browsers without permission. If you have never dealt with browser hijackers, and you do not know how they work, all that you really need to look for is illegal activity. If you find that your browsers are modified without your permission, there is no doubt that a browser hijacker has corrupted your operating system. We are sure that you will realize that you need to remove Asiasearch.co if it attacks your browsers, but we warn that this hijacker requires elimination even if it has entered your browsers with your permission.
How does Asiasearch.co work?
According to our researchers, Asiasearch.co is capable of changing the homepage and default search provider on Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer browsers. Needless to say, it should not be difficult to spot this infection once it is executed; however, identifying third-party threats might be much more complicated. Whether you have installed the strange search provide yourself, or it was installed without permission, it is likely that third-party programs were offered along with it. Unfortunately, malicious programs could be installed without permission, just like the hijacker itself, and their detection might be complicated. If you are having difficulty detecting malware, install a malware scanner that will alleviate the process. Of course, you should not install just any malware scanner. There are plenty of malicious scanners that were designed to scam and trick you, which is why you have to be careful about the scanner you choose.
How to get rid of Asiasearch.co
Asiasearch.co is a hijacker, and it is important to remove it from your operating system. Even if you have installed this search tool manually, you should get rid of it as soon as possible. Our researchers have found that this infection does not work as a reliable search provider, and it is capable of assisting unfamiliar third parties. Because of this, it is best to delete Asiasearch.co from your browsers as soon as possible. The guide below explains how to change unwanted homepage and default search provider tools, but it is unlikely that your operating system will be clean once you finish this process. Use an automated malware remover to eliminate the remaining threats that could have entered your PC silently or using camouflages.
- Open the browser, tap Alt+T, and select Internet Options.
- Click the General tab and move to the Home Page section.
- Overwrite the undesirable URL and click OK.
- Tap Alt+T again and choose Manage Add-ons.
- Click Search Providers and choose the preferred provider.
- Remove the undesirable search provider and click Close.
- Open the browser, tap Alt+F, and click Settings.
- Move to the On Startup section.
- Mark Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Click Set pages and overwrite the unwanted URL.
- Move to Search and click Manage search engines.
- Choose the preferred search provider.
- Get rid (click X on URL) of the unwanted provider and click Done.
- Open the browser, tap Alt+T, and choose Options.
- In the menu on your left click General.
- Overwrite the Home Page URL.
- In the menu on the left click Search.
- Set the desired/preferred search provider.
- Remove the unwanted search provider.
tested removal of Asiasearch.co*100% FREE spyware scan and