What is Default Tab - Search Results, LLC virus?
First of all, it is important to establish that Default Tab - Search Results, LLC virus is not a computer virus per se. It is a browser extension that comes with a search toolbar and a new search engine installed on your browser. Although Default Tab by Search Results, LLC is not as malignant as ransomware or fake antivirus programs, it is still causes annoying problems, especially for the more adept computer users. If you do not find the search bar extremely useful, we also would highly recommend to remove Default Tab - Search Results, LLC virus from your computer, because this browser plugin definitely comes across as a potentially unwanted application.
Where does Default Tab - Search Results, LLC virus come from?
The most often Default Tab - Search Results, LLC virus comes bundled with freeware applications such as PDFCreator and the like. It is very common from random browser plugins to enter your system together with free software programs you download online. Users have to be extremely cautious when they download software from third party websites. Also, you need to be attentive during the installation, because quite often Default Tab - Search Results, LLC virus might prompt you about the oncoming installation. However, users usually want to install the software as soon as possible, and they skip important installation steps ending up with such things as Default Tab - Search Results, LLC virus on their browsers.
How to remove Default Tab - Search Results?
If you accidentally install Default Tab by Search Results on your PC, this plugin comes with a search bar, and it changes your default home page settings. It automatically opens a new tab that says "Internet Search" and it does not have any address typed into the address bar, but you will see the Default Tab - Search Results, LLC virus search bar on your screen, looking very much like a customized Google search bar. Naturally, such behavior is highly annoying and you can remove Default Tab - Search Results, LLC virus following the instructions below:
How to remove Default Tab - Search Results, LLC virus from computer
For Windows 8
- Right-click metro Start screen.
- Click All Apps button at the bottom right corner.
- Select Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a Program.
- Uninstall DefaultTab from the list.
For Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open Start Menu.
- Go to Control Panel --> Uninstall a program.
- Remove DefaultTab.
For Windows XP
- Open Start Menu and go to Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Uninstall DefaultTab.
How to remove Default Tab - Search Results, LLC virus from your browser
For Internet Explorer
- Press Alt+X and go to Managed add-ons.
- Remove DefaultTab from Toolbars and Extensions list.
- Click Search providers on the left pane.
- Remove Fast Browser Search, Search Here or any other search engine related to DefaultTab.
- Set a new default search engine. Save changes and close the menu.
- Press Alt+X and to to Internet Options.
- Set a new home page address under General tab.
- Click OK.
For Mozilla Firefox
- Press and hold Ctrl+Shift+A.
- Add-ons Manager tab will open.
- Remove DefaultTab from Extensions.
- Click Firefox button and go to Options.
- Under General tab, set a new default search engine. Click OK.
- Click Search engine icon on the left of the search bar (top right corner of the browser).
- Select Manage Search Engines.
- Remove any search engine related to Default Tab - Search Results, LLC virus and set a new one.
- Click OK to save changes.
For Google Chrome
- Press Alt+F and to go Tools --> Extensions.
- Remove DefaultTab from the list. Click Settings on the left.
- Choose Open a page or a list of pages. Click Set Pages.
- Enter a new default home page address and click OK.
- Click Manage Search Engines under Search.
- Remove unfamiliar search engines and set a new default one.
- Click OK to save changes and restart your browser.
It is possible that Default Tab - Search Results, LLC virus does not disappear completely after manual removal. In such a case we highly recommend performing a full system scan with SpyHunter free scanner to check whether you have any dangerous malicious files in your system. Do not hesitate to do all it takes to remove malware from your computer. Leave us a comment below if you have any questions about Default Tab - Search Results, LLC virus and its removal.
tested removal of Default Tab - Search Results, LLC virus*100% FREE spyware scan and