What is Default Tab by Search Results?
If you are careless with bundled downloads of freeware installation, soon enough you may need to remove Default Tab by Search Results from the operating Windows system and existing Internet browsers. The strange application is considered to act as a browser hijacker because it can change your home page and search engine without any of your knowledge. If you are sure that you were not given the opportunity to keep your browser settings unmodified, then the made changes are illegal. Needless to say, it could be dangerous to run an application which has potentially malicious intensions and acts using clandestine and probably illicit methods. As soon as the program enters your personal computer, you need to remove it. If you are unsure how to delete Default Tab by Search Results – continue reading.
How does Default Tab by Search Results act?
The precarious hijacker takes over the system and modifies Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and other popular browsers in order to ensure that you use mysearchresults.com as your main search engine as often as possible. The search results provided through this engine are filtered, meaning that most of the results link you to sponsored results and may even have nothing to do with your queries. Of course, most of these ads, including pop-up advertisement, are meant to boost traffic to certain websites. However, one more reason behind this suspicious activity is to trick you into visiting sites which may harbor malware. Interacting on such websites may lead to the infiltration of secondary malware, therefore, you should delete Default Tab by Search Results without running your browsers.
How to remove Default Tab by Search Results?
Malicious browser hijackers should be removed from the computer with the help of authentic spyware removal software. For example, SpyHunter can delete malware automatically, as well as ensure that other infections cannot enter again. Anti-Spyware-101.com researchers strongly recommend installing the tool to delete existing infections and safeguard the operating Windows system. Of course, if you choose the manual removal option, you can also utilize SpyHunter’s free malware scanner to inspect the system.
Remove Default Tab by Search Results from browsers
- Open the browser, simultaneously tap Alt+T and select Options.
- Click the General tab, overwrite the provided Home Page and click OK.
- Now simultaneously tap Ctrl+Shift+A and select Extensions.
- Click Default Tab, select Remove and exist the manager.
- Now click the drop-down menu icon on the left of the search box.
- Select Manage search engines and Remove Search Results or Search Here. Click OK.
- Open the browser, simultaneously tap Alt+F, go to Tools and click Extensions.
- Navigate to the unwanted extension and click the recycle bin next to it. Select Remove.
- From the menu on the left select Settings.
- Under Appearance mark Show Home button and click Change.
- Overwrite/remove the provided URL and click OK.
- Under Search click Manage search engines.
- Select a new default search provider and remove (click X) the undesirable one. Click OK.
- Open the browser, simultaneously tap Alt+T and select Manage Add-ons.
- From the menu on the left select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Select the unwanted extensions and click Disable. Hit OK.
- Then select Search Providers and Remove the unwanted search provider. Click Close.
- Simultaneously tap Alt+T once more and select Internet Options.
- Click the General tab and go to Home Page.
- Overwrite the provided URL and click OK.
Note that these removal instructions should be performed on all existing web browsers because the malign hijacker can take over all of them at the same time.100% FREE spyware scan and
tested removal of Default Tab by Search Results*