What is CornerSunshine?
CornerSunshine, also known as Corner SunShine, is a suspicious gadget that supposedly can provide you with the latest weather forecast. Although some find this program beneficial, our Anti-Spyware-101.com research team advises deleting it as soon as possible. We classify it as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) for several important reasons that simply cannot be ignored. For one, this suspicious program can record personally-identifiable information. If you think that is normal, we have to warn you that it is not, especially when it comes to software like this. You do not know who could have access to this information and how it could be used. Unfortunately, most users are not concerned about this because they do not even realize that personal information can be collected. Whether or not this is a surprise to you, you should keep reading this report to learn everything you need to know, including the removal of CornerSunshine.
How does CornerSunshine work?
Our research has revealed that cornersunshine.com – which is the official download page for the suspicious CornerSunshine – is not currently active. It is possible that this page will be revived, but, at the moment, the creators of this PUP rely on third-party installers for its distribution. It is most likely that you will find this program attached to other, potentially more attractive apps. Unfortunately, you might end up installing malware as well. It appears that the program is very similar to Uncheckit, SOSO DESK, and other PUPs. In fact, it is possible that they were created by the same developer. It is no wonder that these programs are usually found being spread in bundles that often carry the same type of software. Our researchers warn that adware and browser hijackers could be packaged along with CornerSunshine. Amisites.com, OurSurfing.com, and Yessearches.com are few of the many browser hijackers that you might face. Obviously, if you find your browsers hijacked, you need to delete malware as soon as possible. In general, it is a good idea to scan your operating system when you discover the PUP just to assess the situation. If you discover more dangerous threats, you might need to take care of them first.
How to delete CornerSunshine
How are you planning to remove CornerSunshine from your operating system? Are you going to install an automated malware remover because you found other threats active on your PC? This is a good idea, and we advise looking into reliable anti-malware software that not only can eliminate malware and potentially unwanted programs but also can guard the operating system against the entrance of malware in the future. If a malware scanner does not show other threats, you might be leaning towards manual removal. If you do, keep in mind that you will be dealing with leftovers once you uninstall it via Control Panel. Our guide below shows how to uninstall the PUP and then get rid of the leftovers. If you are having problems with the instructions provided, you can always start a conversation below, and we will assist you as soon as possible.
Windows 10/Windows 8/Windows 7/Windows Vista:
- Simultaneously tap Win+R keys to access RUN.
- Enter Control Panel into the dialog box to launch the menu.
- Move to the Uninstall a program menu.
- Right-click the program you wish to eliminate and select Uninstall.
- Move to the left of the Taskbar and click the Start menu icon.
- Open Control Panel and then double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Click the undesirable application and choose Remove.
- Tap Win+R keys to launch RUN.
- Enter regedit.exe into the dialog box to launch Registry Editor.
- Move to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ and Delete the key named Corner Sunshine.
- Deletethe key by the same name in these paths:
- Now Delete the CornerSunshineSvckey in these paths:
- Tap Win+E to launch Explorer.
- Enter %PROGRAMFILES% into the address bar (depending on your Windows version, you might have to enter %PROGRAMFILES(x86)%).
- Delete the folder named app_00000000.
- Enter %APPDATA% into the address bar and Delete the folder named Corner Sunshine.
- Use a reliable malware scanner to scan your PC for leftovers.
tested removal of CornerSunshine*100% FREE spyware scan and