What is Bitlord toolbar?
If you have Bitlord toolbar installed onto Google Chrome, Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox, you need to inspect the entire system for potentially unwanted programs. The browser extension has been created by Conduit, and this company is known for distributing various unfamiliar undesirable programs together with the toolbars of your choice. You may recognize these applications as the Conduit Community Toolbars, and Anti-Spyware-101.com researchers have analyzed quite a number of different versions, including the latest – Oscar Delta Toolbar, Metacrawler Toolbar and CricBuzz Toolbar. One more reason why Bitlord toolbar removal is recommended is the fact that this application is supported by unfamiliar, potentially unreliable third party advertisers.
How does Bitlord toolbar act?
If you download the toolbar from bitlord.ourtoolbar.com, you are presented with an installation setup offering you to install Trovi search as well. If you check the boxes accepting the search tool to replace your regular home page and search provider settings and complete the installation process, the next time you will open your browser you will be greeted by search.conduit.com. You could call this a Conduit trick which may help distribute a truly undesirable search application. Do you know why the search engine is considered to be undesirable? It is because it does not provide beneficial services and instead redirects you to google.com/search, unless you stick to the Web search module. What is more, search.conduit.com provides sponsored search results which may link you to sites unrelated to your own search queries.
Even though most would want to delete Conduit search tools, many wish to keep Bitlord toolbar running. Regardless of how useful you find this application, our researchers have discovered that it provides links to sites which are considered questionable. For example, you may find links to PirateBay, KickassTorrent, BTJunkie Downloads and other Torrent based domains. As you may know already, these are often driven by illegal downloads, which is why they cannot be trusted. You should also beware of the displayed links to online gaming sites or the services of PriceGong and Value Apps.
How to remove Bitlord toolbar?
Even though the toolbar is not considered to be extremely malicious, you should delete Bitlord toolbar if you fear the possibility of undesirable activity. Note that even if the Conduit toolbar is reliable, you should not trust the reappearing advertisements and links to various questionable sites. Anti-Spyware-101.com researchers recommend that you remove Bitlord toolbar and get rid of the unreliable Conduit search tools. Your best option is to use automatic malware detection and removal software; however, if you wish you can delete the undesirable software manually. Follow the instructions below to perform the manual toolbar’s removal.
Delete Bitlord toolbar
Delete from Windows Vista and Windows 7:
- Open the Start menu from the Task Bar and click Control Panel.
- Move to Uninstall a program and right-click the program you want to remove. Click Uninstall.
Delete from Windows XP:
- Open the Start menu, click Control Panel and then Add or Remove Programs.
- Locate the undesirable application, click it and select Remove.
Remove Conduit search tools
Remove from Google Chrome:
- Open the browser, simultaneously tap Alt+F and select Settings.
- Under On Startup mark Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Overwrite/delete the undesirable URL and click OK.
- Under Appearance mark Show Home button.
- Click Change and immediately repeat step 3.
- Locate the Search and click Manage search engines.
- Remove the unwanted option by clicking the X mark and select Done.
Remove from Mozilla Firefox:
- Open the browser, simultaneously tap Alt+T and select Options.
- Click the General tab located at the top of the window and locate the Home Page.
- Overwrite/delete the displayed URL and click OK.
- Now click the search provider icon located on the search box.
- Select Manage Search Engines and Remove the undesirable option. Click OK.
Remove from Internet Explorer:
- Open the browser, simultaneously tap Alt+T and select Manage Add-ons.
- From the list on your left select Search Providers.
- Choose a new default search engine, Remove the undesirable one and click Close.
- Tap Alt+T once more and select Internet Options.
- Click the General tab, change/remove the Home Page and click OK.
Post a comment below, if you have your own observations regarding the toolbar or if you have more questions regarding the removal process.
tested removal of Bitlord toolbar*100% FREE spyware scan and