What is Better-Search.net?
Better-search.net is a suspicious search engine that is capable of replacing your homepage address and your search engine. If it happens exactly like this, you should do everything that it happens to remove better-search.net and restore the settings because it might even cause harm to the security of your system. This search engine is ad-supported which means that you will see different advertisements every time you open your browser. You will not be able to get rid of them easily because they might appear on all the most popular browsers, which means that you will get rid of them only if you erase the browser hijacker that has changed your homepage to better-search.net and then add a new homepage address.
How does better-search.net work?
Even though all these advertisements might seem rather useful, we do not recommend clicking on them. The reason is actually very simple – if you click on any of those ads, you might be redirected to the websites whose content is unknown or even malicious. Thus, if you want to keep your computer save, ignore all these commercials and remove better-search.net as soon as possible because there is a huge possibility to click on them accidentally as they are placed on the startup page. As you can see, this search engine is used to boost the ranking of certain web pages.
As these ads are concerned to provide you with more personalized commercials in order to enlarge the possibility that you will click on them, some of the information related to your browsing habits, including your search queries, your browsing history, and the like is collected. The only way to prevent this from happening is to get rid of better-search.net search engine.
Do you wonder how better-search.net got onto your computer? It is known that this search engine is distributed together with other programs, especially various browser hijackers and other unwanted applications. You should be always very careful when installing new software, especially those programs that are distributed freely and are accessible for anyone. Custom installation might help you to reduce the amount of unfamiliar programs onto your PC; thus, you should always select it and follow the wizard carefully.
How to remove better-search.net?
You can remove better-search.net from your computer without any problems if you follow the instructions provided below. Another solution is to acquire a reliable antimalware suite, for instance, SpyHunter and it will definitely detect all the threats, including the browser hijacker that has set better-search.net homepage. If you decide to erase better-search.net manually, do not forget to scan your system with a reliable scanner. You can download one if you click on the download button below. This scanner will detect all the threats that are residing in your system.
- Open your browser and press Alt+T.
- Select Manage Add-ons and click Search Providers.
- Click on the new search provider and then select Set as default.
- Click on the unwanted search provider and then click Remove.
- Click Alt+T again and select Internet Options.
- Select General tab and type in a new homepage address near the Home Page.
- Click OK.
- Open your browser.
- Locate the search provider icon in the upper-right part of the screen.
- Click on the field near the icon and press F4.
- Select a new search engine from the drop-down menu.
- Tap F4 again and choose Manage Search Engines…
- Click on the search engine and click Remove.
- Tap Alt+T and select Options.
- Select General tab.
- Enter a homepage address in the field and click OK.
- Open your browser.
- Press Alt+T to open the menu and then select Settings.
- Under On Startup, tick Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Click Set pages and remove/add the URL. Click OK.
- 5. Locate Search and then click Manage search engines…
- Select search engine and click Make default.
- Click on the useless search provider and click X.
If you have any questions or observations, you can leave your comment below.
tested removal of Better-Search.net*100% FREE spyware scan and