What is Ask Toolbar?
Ask Toolbar is a browser add-on created by the developers of Ask search engine. The toolbar is usually acquired accidentally as very often it comes bundled with free programs available at insecure websites. Some computer users think that they have not installed Ask Toolbar even though they have downloaded and installed a program to whose installer the toolbar was attached. If you do not pay attention to the software installation dialog windows, you can miss check box allowing you to choose not to install a toolbar.
What does Ask Toolbar do?
Once it gets to the system, your home page is set to the Ask search, while the search provider is changed to Ask. The toolbar contains various buttons directing you to the most popular social networking websites such as Facebook, Youtube, and others. Moreover, it is powered with a radio player and other features allowing you to customize your browser.
Do not worry if you find that your Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Google Chrome has this toolbar on because you can easily remove it if you want to. Do not treat it as an infection because it is likely that you have missed some checkbox while running an installer of a program. Serious measures should be taken when it is impossible to uninstall the toolbar or if you receive various pop-up advertisements and get redirected to suspicious websites. This might happen if the toolbar is compromised by cyber criminals seeking to violate your privacy and perform some illegal actions.
A) How to remove Ask Toolbar?
In order to remove Ask Toolbar and restore the default settings of your browsers, you should follow the instructions provided by our Anti-Spyware-101.com team. If you face any difficulties while performing the removal, feel free to leave a question below.
STEP 1 : Uninstall ”Ask Toolbar” from your computer
- Open the Start menu.
- Click on Control Panel.
- Click on Add or Remove Programs.
- Select Ask Toolbar and press the Remove button.
- Go to the Start menu.
- Select Control Panel.
- Click on Uninstall a program under Programs or Programs and Features.
- Right-click Ask Toolbar or other program associated with the toolbar and select Uninstall.
- Open the Charm bar.
- Click on Settings – > Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a programs.
- Select the unwanted toolbar and remove it from the system.
STEP 2 : Remove the “Ask Toolbar” from your browser
Remove Ask Toolbar from Internet Explorer:
- Open the browser.
- Go to Tools – > Manage Add-ons – > Toolbars and Extensions. If you use Internet Explorer 9, you can hit Alt+X to open the Tools menu.
- Select the toolbar you want to uninstall and disable it.
- Click on Search Providers on the left-hand side of the window and remove the Ask search engine.
- Open the Tools menu – > Internet Options.
- In the General tab, change your home page and press Apply to save the changes.
Remove Ask Toolbar from Google Chrome:
- Open the browsers.
- Press Alt+F.
- Select Tools – > Extensions.
- Find Ask Toolbar and click the bin icon to remove it.
- On the left-hand side, click Settings and locate On startup.
- Click on Set pages.
- Remove the startup page and enter a new one.
- Press OK to confirm.
- To change the search engine, go to the Search section and click on Manage search engines.
- Remove the unwanted search engine.
- Hover the mouse over a new search engine and click on Make default.
Remove Ask Toolbar from Mozilla Firefox:
- Open the browser and hit Alt+Shift+A.
- Click on Extensions.
- Select and remove Ask Toolbar.
- Click on the Firefox icon.
- Go to Help – > Troubleshooting information – > Reset Firefox.
- Complete the changes by clicking on Finish.
B) How to remove Ask Toolbar?
STEP 1 : Use Automatic ”Ask Toolbar” removal tool.100% FREE spyware scan and
tested removal of Ask Toolbar*
Stop these Ask Toolbar Processes:
Remove these Ask Toolbar Files: