What is Appround.net?
Appround.net is a website, also referred to as a browser hijacker, promoting an unreliable computer optimization utility PC Performer. If you are redirected to Appround.net whenever you want to access a preferable website, it means that you have to take immediate actions to remove this computer threat so that you can use your browsers as usual.
What does Appround.net do?
The suspicious website in question can be installed as a browser add-on bundled with some freeware or shareware or it can be installed by a browser hijacker which is also called as redirect virus. In order to constantly provide you with unwanted websites whenever you launch a browser or open a new tab, the infection alters the Windows Hosts file. Moreover, Appround.net has been reported to display pop-up advertisements promoting PC Performer.
The program which you are expected to install is said to help you improve the performance of the computer; unfortunately, you may encounter some issues regarding the performance of the computer as you will be constantly informed about various system errors, junk files that have to be deleted and other computer performance related problems. The same product is also promoted on other websites such as pcperformer.com whose design is identical to Appround.net.
Anti-Spyware-101.com team advises you against the installation of the software what is said to boost the performance of your PC and encourages you to remove the browser hijacker so that you can use Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox as you did before.
How to remove Appround.net?
In order to delete Appround.net for good, you should implement a powerful spyware removal tool which will detect and terminate the hijacker. Moreover, if you implement our software SpyHunter, it will make sure that your computer is protected against other threats such as rogue anti-virus programs, ransomware and other types of malware. However, if you want to delete the threat manually, follow the instructions provided which will help to edit the Windows hosts file and reset the browsers.
Appround.net Removal Instructions
Edit Windows Hosts File
- Open the Start menu.
- Find and right-click Notepad.
- Select Run as administrator.
- Open My Computer.
- Follow the path C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc.
- If you use Windows Vista or Windows 7 and do not see the files in the ect folder, make sure that at the bottom of the window the All Files (*.*) option is selected.
- Open the hosts file in Notepad.
- The bottom line in the Copyright message has to be 127.0.0.1 localhost or ::1. If there are additional lines, remove them and save the changes.
Remove Appround.net from your browsers
- Press and hold the Alt key and then press T.
- Select Internet Options.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Click Reset.
- Check the box given and click Reset.
- To finish the reset, click Close.
- Press and hold the Alt key and press H.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Click Reset Firefox - > Reset Firefox - > Finish.
- Press and hold down the Alt key and press F.
- Point to Tools - > Extensions.
- Remove unwanted add-ons.
- Click Settings.
- To change the startup page, go to the On startup section.
- Click Set pages and make changes.
- To change the search provider, click Manage search engines in the Search section.
To make sure that no malicious components are present within the system, do not hesitate and implement our free scanner which will immediately present the scan results.