What is AppIntegrator64.exe?
AppIntegrator64.exe is a process file that is associated with My Web Search browser plugin. If you have this process file running in your Task Manager, then it is very likely that you have installed and downloaded freeware applications that are bundled with My Web Search. This potentially unwanted program changes your home page address and default search engine to mywebsearch.com. In general, there is nothing malicious about AppIntegrator64.exe or My Web Search, but it could pose certain security risks and in order to avoid them, you need to remove this application. Naturally, once you remove My Web Search, AppIntegrator64.exe will be removed from your system automatically as well.
What does AppIntegrator64.exe do?
There is no exactly determined function for AppIntegrator64.exe. It is clear, however, that if you have AppIntegrator64.exe running in your system, then it is clear that you have a BHO or browser toolbar installed. The file provides an uninstall entry for the browser extension, and as a result, (in case the file is related to AppIntegrator64.exe), you can uninstall the extension via Control Panel.
Why is AppIntegrator64.exe risky?
The risk that is related to AppIntegrator64.exe comes with My Web Search. Since the installation of this browser plugin results in the change your home page address and default search engine, some users may consider this application a browser hijacker. However, the truth is that most often users are informed about the oncoming installation, but they simply miss the prompt.
While the search engine itself is not malicious, My Web Search can display search results with links to sponsored websites. Also it allows third party companies to display advertisements on its home page. It means that My Web Search does not review the advertisements that are displayed on its home page and consequently even malicious third parties can make use of My Web Search to display ads that link users to corrupted websites related to malware.
How to remove AppIntegrator64.exe?
In order to avoid possible security risks, you ought to remove My Web Search and AppIntegrator64.exe from your computer. As it has been mentioned above, you will be able to get rid of AppIntegrator64.exe once you remove My Web Search. To remove My Web Search, you need to follow the manual removal instructions below.
How to remove My Web Search
- Press Alt+X and go to Internet Options.
- Change your home page under General tab and click OK.
- Press Alt+X and click Manage add-ons.
- Click Search providers on the left.
- Set a new default search engine and remove My Web Search.
- Press Firefox button and go to Options.
- Change your home page address under General tab and click OK.
- Click the search engine icon on the left of Firefox search box (top right corner).
- Select Manage search engines, remove My Web Search engine and click OK.
- Press Alt+F and click Settings.
- Select Open a specific page or set of pages and click Set pages.
- Change your home page address and click OK.
- Select Manage search engines under Search.
- Set a new default search engine and remove My Web Search. Click Done.
To make sure that you have really removed AppIntegrator64.exe for good, scan your PC with SpyHunter free scanner. This way you will check for other potentially unwanted programs and you will be able to invest in a reliable antispyware program if need be.
100% FREE spyware scan and
tested removal of AppIntegrator64.exe*